Marine Construction Southport NC
Marine Projects Designed and Built to Last
Logan Marine provides marine construction services for homeowners in Southport, NC with a focus on: pile driving, floating docks, piers, boat lifts and gazebos.
We didn’t set up our company to be one of the largest marine construction companies in the Wilmington NC area. We believe in excellence over size.
Our systems and capabilities were created to meet this key goal:
“Design and build structurally sound marine projects that are pleasing to the eye and able to withstand the severe weather that is so common in southeastern North Carolina.”
If you have been frustrated by the number of times you have had to rebuild your dock, there is a better way. Here are just a few highlights about our building process:
- We use a Marine Pile Driving Barge, manufactured out of steel, engineered specifically for driving deep foundation piles. Piles are driven with 10,000 ft/lbs. of impact in every blow
- Driven piles offer the highest hold down capacities known to mankind. This is very important when flood waters rise because your wooden pier will float if it isn’t properly secured.
- Driven piles offer the highest support capacities as well. This is important because your pilings will sink when any substantial amount of weight is applied to them, such as boat lifts and gazebos.
- Many docks in Southport, NC have piles that are washed in. This method doesn’t provide the long term stability most homeowners expect.
- Every piling we install comes standard with a PVC Jacket that protects against worms. Without this protection, your pilings WILL rot and need to be replaced.
- We purchase our floating docks from Bellingham Marine simply because nobody can do it better.
- These floaters are engineered for commercial use in public marinas worldwide. Engineered specs are proprietary and available upon request.
- Every piece of lumber is pressure treated to meet AWPA specifications for Salt Water Splash Zones.
- AWPA Standards (American Wood Protection Association) are recognized and used by customers worldwide for marine projects. The AWPA has been writing specifications for lumber since 1904 because lumber is one of our country’s most important renewable resources.
- All decking and 2x material is also treated with Paraffin Wax, a preservative that resists water intrusion. This helps tremendously in extending the life of your dock.
- Built to be structurally sound using: bolts and stainless steel screws, 4x4 Torsion Beams, 4x4 stringers, 4x6 floatation supports, bolted to laminated double 2x10 bands.
- You will not find a nail in these docks, only bolts and stainless steel screws.
Our clients know that hiring us means they are taking the risk out of the hiring decision.
If you dock, pier, boat lift or gazebo has taken a beating and needs to be replaced, all we ask for is the opportunity to demonstrate our capabilities.
We appreciate this opportunity to earn your business.
We realize what it takes to acquire your trust, what it takes to give you the results you demand and what needs to be done to eliminate many of the headaches and frustrations people have with marine construction projects.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to working with you.
If you would like to schedule an onsite review of your project please call us at 910.367.1348 .